* The Time Sheet for the Captain’s (Mr. James Malone) Competition- First day on Sunday 19th July is on the Notice Board. It has been removed from the website as there were problems with booking duplications.
A draw will be made for the final tee time selections in each group of tee times.
* Details of the rescheduled competitions for July to September, inclusive, can be found under the Events Page in the Fixtures tab.
- Covid 19 Time Sheets from Monday 29th June
- Up until now, tee times have been booked by a combination of phone calls, texts & What’s Ap messages to Eamonn Howlin.
- There is a relatively low number of golfers playing during the weekdays of Monday to Thursday, inclusive, (Average daily number of golfers- ladies & men playing is 33. Spaces available for 105 golfers (35-time slots) on average.
- For future time bookings for weekdays of Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, there will be Covid timesheets for 3 days posted on the noticeboard & all golfers are requested to enter their name on the Covid time sheet in advance of playing. No bookings through Eamonn for these days & the Timesheet on the website will not be updated!
- For the days of Friday, Saturday & Sunday, the current system of using What’s Ap, text or telephone booking can be made through Eamonn & this will continue up until 17th July when it will be reviewed again.
- The Protocol of maintaining Covid Timesheets for traceability will be an ongoing procedure that must be maintained.
- From Monday 29th Competition sheet for 9 hole midweek will be posted. You must enter your name here, as well as the Covid Timesheet.
- Please ensure that you park your car correctly in the car park, as the controlling factor, is the number of cars that can be accommodated.
Careless parking restricts the number of cars, so please be considerate to fellow golfers.
- A special word of thanks to Maurice for arranging the replacement of the sleepers at the back of the first tee, due to the old ones having rotted- well done Maurice!
- A great big thank you to all of the members who supported the recent effort to raise funds for the St. Vincent de Paul Society. A total of over €1,260 was raised by both the Ladies’ & Gent’s Clubs. If you would like to make a donation, please contact Eamonn.
- We welcome our new members & we would ask existing members to help by playing with them, as they are trying to get cards in for GUI Handicap. Help them to enjoy their golf with us. They are:
- Jason Morrin/ Paddy Walsh / Joe Leonard / Lar Higgins / Pauric Kelly / Lawrence Cooper /Padraig Doherty/ Barry McKenna/ Tom Henry /Noel Connors / David Felton / Derek Dolan / Craig Bisland / Brian Price.
- Timesheet on the website is for the current day, the following day & the next day. Each day the new time sheet will be put up.
- Bring your own hand sanitizer & use it, but there is sanitizer near notice board, & if you need to use it, please use it sparingly- only a couple of drops needed!
- There is a What’sAp group set up for the golf club. This is useful for keeping up to date with news. If you would like to join, please contact our Captain, James.
- Covid 19- Please read below.
* Remember, the competition seeking the most appropriate name for our new club house is still going. Please forward your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Message from your Captain
- Hello my fellow golfers. Firstly, I hope you and your families are healthy and doing as well as possible in the current circumstances. At the start of our golf year who would have thought we would be in the current situation, we are in now? At this stage, our best bet is to continue to obey government guidelines as much as we possibly can. Hopefully, this will lead to our golf club opening soon and getting back into the swing of things. I am sure Gerry the crow is lost without us and doesn’t know what is going on! Maybe he thinks it’s his fault the course is closed for thieving all the golf balls!I look forward to playing golf with you soon and until then I will be practicing my pitching in the garden – watch out the neighbours!
- Stay safe, Your captain, James.28th March 2020
New Clane G.C. Shirts can now be ordered in a lovely lime green colour in “Cool Plus” fibre for cool dry feeling, & comfort. Cost €28.
- See the Aerial video of our course now available under “Gallery”.