Important Notice: COVID TIME SHEETS FOR SATURDAY & SUNDAY
As & from today, 15th September, Members must enter their names on the Covid sheets on at least the day prior to the day of playing, i.e if playing on Saturday you must enter your name on the Covid Time sheet on Friday & if playing on Sunday, you must enter your name on the sheet no later than Saturday.
You cannot just arrive at the course intending to play unless your name is on the Covid time sheet on the preceding day.
Time sheets for the full week are in the blue folder on the noticeboard, so it is possible to put your name on the Saturday & Sunday time sheets any time on the preceding 6 days, so there is no excuse.
Also it is important on Saturday & Sunday that players playing together double park one car behind the two others, so that car parking is optimised.
|Golfer of the Summer with 2 to go.|
|Golfer of the Year with 8 to go|
Turkey Competition starts on Friday 25th September. A sheet is on noticeboard & please enter your name if you would like to enter for a team. Remember that you need to play each week to support your team & unless you can, do not enter your name for a team selection.
As usual, non prize winners will receive a shot back each week (for turkey competition only). A draw will be made for teams.
Car Parking- Members are reminded that it is important that we optimise car parking by double parking third car of the group behind the other two cars. This really applies to Saturday & Sunday.
The students have returned since 31st August. Please respect the playing times reserved for the students. Details are on the Notice Board & below:
1. On Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays between the
hours of 1.00 to 2.00pm; 3.30 and 5.30pm and after 8.00pm.
2. On Wednesdays and Saturdays between the hours of
1.00 to 5.30 pm and any time after 7.00 pm.
2. On Sundays, Holy Days and Bank Holidays between the hours of 1.00 to 5.30 p.m.
- Make sure that you order the Leinster Leader for 8th September. There is going to be a huge demand because photos from our Captain’s & President’s competitions will be included.
- Congratulations to Fintan Connolly, winner of the President’s Prize- well done Fintan & all the other prize winners. Details can be found under the Fixtures tab. Well done also to our President, Jim who put in sterling work for his competition & to the Committee members that supported him.
- See ‘Gallery’ for photos from Captain’s & President’s Competitions.
- It is especially important that everybody ensures that they are always social distancing, 2 metres on the golf course
- Due to Covid restrictions, presentation of prizes for the Vice- Captain’s, President’s, Home Outing, Competitions will be presented later when Covid Regulations permit. Details will be announced as soon as possible.
Covid Timesheets are now on the noticeboard for the next week. It is therefore not necessary to book a tee time by text or What’s Ap. However, it is still important that you sign the Covid Timesheet in advance of playing. Don’t forget to also enter your name on the Competition Sheet as well. Be aware of the Ladies’ tee times, particularly on Saturday morning between 9.00 to 10.30 a.m.
* Congratulations to Liam McGovern, winner of the 2020 Captain’s (Mr. James Malone) with a splendid 36 hole score of 132 strokes, net. For full results, see the Weekend Results under the Fixtures tab.
- A very hearty congratulations & thanks to our Captain James & his family for their hard work over the two days. With the problems created by Covid 19, it was a tribute to him that the competition & prize presentation went so well. Photos from the event are posted under Gallery tab & of course on our Facebook page.
* Details of the rescheduled competitions for August to September, inclusive, can be found under the Events Page in the Fixtures tab.
- Covid 19 Time Sheets from Monday 29th June
- Up until now, tee times have been booked by a combination of phone calls, texts & What’s Ap messages to Eamonn Howlin.
- There is a relatively low number of golfers playing during the weekdays of Monday to Thursday, inclusive, (Average daily number of golfers- ladies & men playing is 33. Spaces available for 105 golfers (35-time slots) on average.
- For future time bookings for weekdays of Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, there will be Covid timesheets for the week in advance, posted on the noticeboard & all golfers are requested to enter their name on the Covid time sheet in advance of playing. No bookings through Eamonn for these days & the Timesheet on the website will not be updated!
- The Protocol of maintaining Covid Timesheets for traceability will be an ongoing procedure that must be maintained.
- From Monday 29th Competition sheet for 9 hole midweek will be posted. You must enter your name here, as well as the Covid Timesheet.
- Please ensure that you park your car correctly in the car park, as the controlling factor, is the number of cars that can be accommodated.
Careless parking restricts the number of cars, so please be considerate to fellow golfers.
A great big thank you to all of the members who supported the recent effort to raise funds for the St. Vincent de Paul Society. A total of over €1,260 was raised by both the Ladies’ & Gent’s Clubs. If you would like to make a donation, please contact Eamonn.
- We welcome our new members & we would ask existing members to help by playing with them, as they are trying to get cards in for GUI Handicap. Help them to enjoy their golf with us. They are:
- Jason Morrin/ Paddy Walsh / Joe Leonard / Lar Higgins / Pauric Kelly / Lawrence Cooper /Padraig Doherty/ Barry McKenna/ Tom Henry /Noel Connors / David Felton / Derek Dolan / Craig Bisland / Brian Price/ David Kelly/ Liam Kennedy/ Pat Brennan/Ger Conlon/ Odran Flynn.
- Bring your own hand sanitizer & use it, but there is sanitizer near notice board, & if you need to use it, please use it sparingly- only a couple of drops needed!
- There is a What’sAp group set up for the golf club. This is useful for keeping up to date with news. If you would like to join, please contact our Captain, James.
- Covid 19- Please read below.
* Remember, the competition seeking the most appropriate name for our new club house is still going. Please forward your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Message from your Captain
- “Hello my fellow golfers. Firstly, I hope you and your families are healthy and doing as well as possible in the current circumstances. At the start of our golf year who would have thought we would be in the current situation, we are in now? At this stage, our best bet is to continue to obey government guidelines as much as we possibly can. Hopefully, this will lead to our golf club opening soon and getting back into the swing of things. I am sure Gerry the crow is lost without us and doesn’t know what is going on! Maybe he thinks it’s his fault the course is closed for thieving all the golf balls!I look forward to playing golf with you soon and until then I will be practicing my pitching in the garden – watch out the neighbours!
- Stay safe, Your captain, James.28th March 2020″
New Clane G.C. Shirts can now be ordered in a lovely lime green colour in “Cool Plus” fibre for cool dry feeling, & comfort. Cost €28.
- See the Aerial video of our course now available under “Gallery”.