- For week commencing 25th May & 1st June we are asking all lady & gents of Clane Golf Clubs to contribute €1 for each nine holes played during the two weeks in aid of St. Vincent de Paul Society. Eamonn will advise of the amount for each golfer. This is not mandatory, & you are welcome to contibute more, or not to contribute, but we all know that the demands for help from St. Vincent de Paul will be considerable in the coming months & it would be nice to show them how much we appreciate the great work that they do.
- Bring your own hand sanitizer. There is some near the notice board, use your own but if you need to use the club’s sanitizer, please use sparingly- only a couple of drops needed!
Proposals for the resumption of golf on 18th May 2020
- Both Clane golf clubs’ members will adhere to GUI/ILGU Protocol/guidelines.
- Both Committees will provide each member, in advance, with full details of this Protocol with instructions that all members must comply with the Protocol & Guidelines.
- Time sheets will be posted for the ladies & men on the Men’s Notice Board for 3 days in advance. Eamonn will be responsible for taking bookings, updating, & administering the time sheets.
- For the next 3 weeks, playing times by both the Ladies & Men Golfers will be as if the students were present in Clongowes. A specimen time sheet is provided.
- These time sheets will also be kept safely by Eamonn for at least the mandatory 6 weeks, in the event they are required for tracing purposes.
- Players must record their playing time & name. Golfers cannot play unless this is recorded in advance.
- Members who usually play together to a maximum of 3 per group, should do so until further notice.
- Maximum of 3 members only to be inside Gate prior to their round of golf.
- On arrival at the course, members remain in their vehicle, until their turn on the 1st Tee.
- Golfers can only play 9 holes & the time intervals specified by the GUI/ILGU.
- Casual golf only for the next three weeks- no competitions.
- The ladies will play on the days & times that they are accustomed to playing with some time changes, e.g. Mondays 9.00 to 10.24./ Wednesdays 9.34 to 10.58/Saturdays 09.48 to 11.12. The Ladies Committee will arrange for policing to be carried out to ensure strict compliance with Protocol.
- The men’s committee will ensure that policing is carried out for the other days/times. A rota to be organised by Eamonn.
- Parking of cars in strict compliance with the social distancing requirements.If there is not adequate space in the car park, cars can be parked in the adjoining field at the golf course.
- All golfers as specified in the Protocol, are responsible for having their own hand sanitizer with them. However, sanitizer will also be provided by the Club at the men’s notice board area.
- Ball-lifting devices fitted to the 9 pins/flags, so no handling required after putting out & pins remain in the cups & not removed.
Full GUI PROTOCOL available on the following links:
Vimeo link: https://vimeo.com/418026546
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, commercially sensitive and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. The Golfing Union of Ireland accepts no liability for actions or effects based on the prohibited usage of this information. The Golfing Union of Ireland is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.